The Silhouette Soft® Thread Lift is the latest innovation changing peoples’ lives. With celebrities including Meg Matthews, Sharon Davies and Gillian Taylforth shouting about the undeniable results.
This treatment addresses our main facial concerns when it comes to ageing; the draw down, slide effect. That happens as our muscle tone declines and the deep creases and contour defects accumulate.
No of treatments1 treatment
Recovery Timeup to 5 days
Treatment Time60 mins
How does it work?
The Silhouette Soft® Thread Lift suture is made of L-Polylactic Acid while the bidirectional cones are made of Lactide Glycolide. They are totally restorable, biocompatible and biodegradable. Each suture is inserted into the subcutaneous tissue, which allows compression and traction for a lifting effect. This creates the immediate lift and re-definition of the focus area.
The Polylactic Acid starts to act in the subcutaneous area and stimulate the fibroblasts and collagen production. This begins the gradual regeneration of collagen support to the focus area.
The suture threads hold tiny cones to lift sagging skin and help stimulate your body’s production of collagen, elastin and Hyaluronic Acid.
- Collagen maintains the skin’s firmness and tautness.
- Elastin helps to maintain the skin’s elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates the skin to improve the its moisture and prolong the formation of wrinkles.
Why should I have this treatment?
As we age many factors can affect our facial structure including loss in elasticity, decreases in facial fat along with the reduction of facial muscle size. This ultimately contribute to sagging jowls, flat cheeks and lower eye bags. The thread lift can help improve the appearance of skin laxity, giving patients a more voluminous look to the neck and face.
- The treatment offers patients a subtle facial lift that looks natural, meaning they avoid more obvious waxwork look you can get from going under the knife
- Immediate natural effects of facial and neck redefinition, correction and progressive restoration of lost collagen
- Volume re-positioning or skin tightening
- Tailor made treatment, under local anaesthesia it is a painless procedure with minimal downtime
- Long lasting effects up to 18 months and beyond
Will it work for my skin type?
This treatment can be performed on all skin types. Your suitability for the treatment will be decided upon consultation with our medical injectors.
What areas of my body can be treated?
As this treatment works on lifting and adding volume, it is to be used only on the face.
What results can I expect?
The Silhouette Soft® Thread Lift really changes the way in which we treat facial ageing. With each passing day, the results become more undeniable. The subtle, ongoing improvement provided by the collagen regeneration addresses the signs of facial ageing. This is the future for aesthetic medicine.
Results are immediate after treatment, however this treatment continues to work with the reproduction of collagen in the deeper levels of the skin. This treatment will leave your skin lifted and redefined,
Please don’t drink any alcohol during the 24 hours before your treatment. We also advise that you avoid using aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs a couple of days before your treatment (unless they are taken for a chronic medical condition). Avoiding these medications will reduce your risk of bruising at the point of injection. Ask your medical practitioner if you have any concerns.
The treatment isn’t performed on the same day, and upon consultation, the medical injector will discuss your individual pre-treatment requirements with you.
Before & Afters
After one treatmentBeforeAfter
|Facial Aesthetics||Single Treatment From|
|Juvederm Volite Hydration Treatment (2 syringes)||£600|
|Silhouette Soft® Thread Lift||£1,850|
|Profhilo® (2 treatments)||£850|
|Sclerotherapy Leg Vein Removal||£400|
|Hyperhydrosis Excessive Sweating||£469|
How many treatments will I need?
As this treatment effects can last up to 18 months, further treatment will be needed, which will be discussed on an individual basis, and you may be advised alternative treatments to enhance and support the results further.
For two weeks after your treatment, it’s important to avoid over-exposure to sunlight and sun beds. Sports activities, particularly those involving high-impact, should also be stopped during this time. For three weeks after your treatment, avoid saunas, hammams and dental surgery. Equally, don’t use facial massage/aesthetic treatments for four weeks.
You can have Silhoute Soft treatments and continue with your day to day activities. However, we do advise you avoid wearing makeup, for 24 hours after treatment as well.
Your specific aftercare needs will be discussed with your medical injector after treatment, and any homecare products recommended will be available in clinic. If you feel any discomfort after you have left the clinic, you should apply cold packs and take paracetamol. We recommend sleeping face-up and elevated. Try to wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing (5 days). If you need to apply and makeup, do so gently 24 hours after your treatment.
Q: How much downtime is there after treatments?
A: After the treatment, a slight oedema or bruising may occur. Sometimes slight depression may also occur at the entry points. However, these will disappear after a few days.
Q: How do I know if I’m suitable?
A: We provide a full consultation to determine your expectations and suitability. On the day of your treatment, you’ll be asked to sign a consent form. Photos will be taken of you from three angles before and after the treatment, and again at the six-week review.
Q: What happens during the treatment?
A: Your skin will be cleansed, and then the thread pattern and treatment determined at your consultation will be face-mapped. After further cleansing, the local anaesthesia will be injected. Entry points are created at the beginning for the thread’s insertion. The thread is then passed in both directions until implanted. Once this is done the modelling phase starts and concludes with you sat up for a final check for symmetry. The threads are trimmed during the treatment’s completion. Finally, we’ll clean the area and apply an antiseptic ointment.
Q: What does the treatment feel like?
A: Silhouette Soft® Thread Life is a safe and effective treatment with limited downtime. It’s performed under local aesthetic for maximum client comfort and designed to be minimally invasive.
Q: What happens after the treatment?
A: After the treatment, photos are taken from three angles. These are for comparison with the photos taken before the treatment, and those which will be taken six weeks later at a full assessment. We’ll book this in with you before you leave and give you a set of recommendations.
Q: How quickly will I notice results?
A: The Silhouette Soft® Thread Lift is one treatment that gives two results:
- an instant, yet discreet, lifting action on the day of treatment; and
- a gradual collagen regeneration providing volume and glow.
As the thread finally reabsorbs at approximately six months, the structure of collagen continues to deliver results. After 18 months, further threads can be delivered for continued results.
Q: Is the Thread Lift treatment safe?
A: Over 85,000 treatments have been performed since the launch of the Silhouette Soft® Thread Lift six years ago. The components of the Silhouette Soft® are produced under numerous quality controls in the USA. Silhouette Soft® has also received the European Union’s CE mark of approval. DestinationSkin’s prescribers of Silhouette Soft® have undergone full training and have performed amazing results for our clients. If you would like more information, please speak with us.
Q: How will I know if the side effects are normal, or something serious has happened?
A: After your treatment, the common effects are mild redness, slight swelling and possible bruising. The treatment area may feel tender to touch and all of these effects are normal, will subside in a few days, but may last up to a week. Each day everything should improve slightly and the area should look more normal and feel better.
It is very uncommon to have any serious side effects, however if you do experience any of the following, please call the clinic immediately, or if after hours, seek help from a GP or A&E:
- swelling that is getting worse as time passes
- increase in pain and getting more severe with time
- skin feeling hot, redness increasing and becoming worse in time
- skin near the treatment area or along the side of the nose looking pale/white or greyish in colour on the day or day after the treatment, and pain increasing in this area
- generally feeling unwell in the days following your treatment
Q: Is it safe to have any treatment if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
A: We do not recommend that you have any injectable treatments if you suspect or can confirm that you are pregnant. We also recommend that you have completely finished breast feeding before returning for your aesthetic treatments.
Q: What can I do to ensure I get the best results from my injectable treatments?
A: Here are a few tips to optimise the outcome of your treatment:
- Avoid having any alcohol the day before your treatment. This will help to minimize the chance of bruising.
- In the week before your treatment, try to avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen or any other type of anti-inflammatory medication as this will also increase your risk of a bruise occurring.
- For Botox – please do not plan to have any other facial treatments (peels, facials, waxing, threading, semi-permanent makeup) for a week following your treatment. It is ok to have these treatments at any time before your Botox visit.
- For Dermal Fillers – please do not plan to have any other skin treatments (peels, facials, microdermabrasion, micro needling) for 1 week prior and 2 weeks after your dermal filler treatment.
- If you have been unwell with a cold virus, cold sore (herpes) or any other skin rash or condition, please phone the clinic to check if you should still attend your appointment. Your general medical health is important, and we are happy to reschedule your aesthetic treatment if necessary.
- After your treatment, please closely follow the aftercare advice given to you by your Medical Injector, and please do not apply anything else to the treatment area, unless previously discussed.
What our clients say
The ‘Silhouette Soft ® Thread Lift’ Lift’ is the only re-absorbable suture with bidirectional cones. Time and time again the results are so effective for our clients, optimum results/minimal downtime…. finally we no longer have to stand in front of a mirror lifting our face with our fingers at any age and think of an invasive incision. We have an alternative one that respects the skin’s own natural process, rejuvenates and provides that optimum condition we want – youth and glow
What our Doctor says
Dr Toni Phillips, DestinationSkin’s Clinical Director is fully trained in Silhouette Soft ®. She attended the 2015 Worldwide Expert Meeting in Barcelona, where Silhouette Soft ® was the most talked about treatment on the beauty market, enabling two joint actions.
“This is the most exciting new treatment I have seen in my career so far. It really changes the way we can treat facial ageing, making it safe, simple and effective. This is the future for aesthetic medicine.
Dr Toni Phillips, Clinical Director B.Sc (Melb), B.D.Sc