treat any clients under
the age of 18.
At DestinationSkin, we understand that skin concerns can affect the way you feel about yourself so our treatments aim to help you feel you at your best. Skin problems come in all shapes and sizes, so we offer a wide range of skin treatments designed to address any concerns you have, from acne to ageing. Your journey will start with a complimentary consultation at one of our clinics, where our expert practitioner will discuss your skin concerns with you, before creating a bespoke treatment plan to tackle those issues and achieve the results you’ve been looking for.
What skin treatment is right for me?
If you have a skin concern that you’ve been looking to tackle, then selecting the most appropriate skin treatment is one of the first steps we’ll help you take. To make sure we pick out the right skin treatment for you, you’ll need to come in for an initial consultation where you can talk with one of our experts about your concerns and they can examine your skin closely to find the ideal solution. These consultations are free and will start you on the best path to reaching your skin goals.
During your complimentary skin consultation, our expert practitioner will clear your skin and do a few checks, including using a UV skin analysis system to look beneath the surface of your skin to analyse hydration levels, congestion, skin age and sun damage. With this information, they can provide you with a personal treatment and product prescription that looks to get the best results for you and your concerns.
Our Manchester Clinic Manager, Charlotte, explains the benefits of the consultation process in this short video:
How much do skin treatments cost?
|Course of 3 treatments|
|CUSTOMISED FACIALS |
A thorough cleanse of your skin using cosmeceutical grade products specifically tailored to treat your concerns.
An exfoliating treatment to brighten dull, tired skin and smooth away signs of lines or wrinkles. Great for fine scarring, congested skin and blackheads.
|SKIN RE-SURFACERS & CHEMICAL SKIN PEELS|
Popular with celebrities, skin re-surfacers and chemical skin peels offer a far more effective solution to targeting the deeper layers of your skin and addressing your concerns than high street products. Individually tailored to you, the techniques and chemicals used will specifically target your concerns and the deeper layers of your skin. Suitable for all skin concerns.
|From £79||From £209|
|MICRO-NEEDLING (Genuine Dermaroller and Electronic Dermastamp)|
A minimally invasive treatment using a handheld device triggering the body to rapidly produce new collagen and elastin. A Great for reducing scars, stretch marks and improving uneven complexions and skin texture.
|From £129||From £299|
|INTENSE PULSE LIGHT (IPL) & LASER TREATMENTS|
Using light and laser, these well known and proven techniques correct a variety of concerns including broken veins, sun damage & pigmentation spots,
acne breakouts and ageing concerns.
|From £89||From £259|
There are a few things that are good to do before you start any kind of skin treatment, as they can ensure you get the best results. These are:
- Please let your practitioner know prior to your treatment if your skin has been exposed to the sun within the 6 weeks leading up to your treatment.
- You must stop any acid based products such as Retinol, Glycolic and Salicylic at least 1 week before each treatment.
- If you have been prescribed or are taking any new medications or herbal supplements, or if anything medically changes, please let your practitioner know prior to your treatment.
- Your practitioner will advise you upon consultation if your treatment requires that you have a specific skincare regime in the lead up to your appointment. They will also advise you on what this should be so you can your skin can be best prepared for treatment.
Skin treatment aftercare
The success of your treatments heavily depends on the recommended aftercare regime, so you should strictly adhere to it to make sure you get the final result you would like. Although aftercare plans vary for each treatment, the guidance below can help you make the most of your results.
Always avoid –
- Perfume, aftershave, lotion, cream oil or bleaching cream on the treatment area for 24-48 hours. Aloe Vera gel is permitted
- Products containing Retinol during the course of treatment, which could cause an adverse reaction, unless otherwise recommended by your practitioner
- Unnecessary heating of the area, time dependent on your treatment, including hot baths, Jacuzzis, saunas, sunbeds and steam rooms
- Exposing skin to UV rays (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) or using self tan for at least one week after treatment.
- Anti-inflammatory medication, i.e. aspirin, ibuprofen, Voltarol and others for at least one week after treatment
- Exfoliation or peels for at least one week
Always try to –
- Apply and SPF 30+ sun cream to the treatment area if the area will be exposed to sunlight
- Keep the treatment area dry and clean
Skin treatment FAQs
Q: Do I need to do anything before having a skin treatment?
A: DestinationSkin practitioners give detailed instructions on any preparation needed depending on skin type, treatment regime and type of course prescribed.
Q: How long does treatment take?
A: The consultation and patch test take 30 minutes, during which a medical history will be taken and relevant treatments, courses and products identified. Thereafter, skin treatments can take as little as 15 minutes or up to one hour depending on the type of treatment prescribed and the number of areas being treated.
Q: Do I need to do anything after the treatment?
A: Please refer to the aftercare guidance above
Q: Which payment methods are available?
A: We offers a range of payment options to suit every client, including credit or debit card, or cash. Treatments can be purchased individually, as a course with a 10% saving or spread over 3 months by direct debit with 0% interest.