The Obagi Nu-Derm system is one of the market leading medical skin care regimes available in the UK. Using the most effective prescription-strength ingredients, Obagi Nu-Derm is specially formulated for all skin to help correct hyperpigmentation, such as dark spots and melasma (a form of hormonal pigmentation), transform the appearance of ageing skin and significantly reduce acne. This medical-grade skin protocol is prescribed by our medical team of doctors and nurses and allows you to transform your skin at home over a 18-24 week period.*
- Pricingproducts from £36
- Payment Options0% Finance
- Duration of treatment18-24 week period
- Doctor LedSome products prescribed by medical team
How does the Obagi Nu-derm system work?
The Obagi Nu-Derm system is prescribed by our medical professionals, as it uses prescription-strength ingredients to penetrate below the surface of your skin, encourage skin cell turnover and correct any damage.
The system itself is a collection of products for a skin care regime that you use yourself at home twice per day to transform the appearance of your skin. Each of the different products in the Obagi Nu-Derm System have a very specific and important job, and follow our key 5 skincare steps!
- CLEANSE your skin using the Gentle/Foaming Gel Cleanser. This should be followed by the Obagi Nu-Derm Toner.
- CORRECT with Clear, an effective prescription of hydroquinone that helps correct hyperpigmentation, such as dark spots, sun spots, age spots, melasma, and other types of discoloration. Then there is the Exfoderm or Exfoderm forte, which improves the texture of the skin by exfoliating dead surface skin cells.
- PREVENT AND PROTECT further damage with the fantastic broad spectrum SPF
- HYDRATE is what it says, a great moisturising cream to be used as needed to soothe the skin
It is important to use only Obagi Nu-Derm products prescribed by your medical professional, and to use only the specific dose and frequency recommended for your skin type and treatment concern.
Why choose the Nu-Derm system?
If, like most of the UK population, you are suffering from adult acne, we know how much it can affect your daily life, and how great it feels when you can step out without make up on. The Nu-derm system uses Tretinoin and AHA’s to calm and control your acne.
Also, with the natural ageing process, we can often see effects such as sun spots, fine lines and wrinkles, and pigmentation, often caused by lifestyle choices, such as direct and daily exposure to the sun.
The result from the Nu-derm system is a more even, radiant skin tone, reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, and a more confident you!
Before and Afters
What results can I expect?
The Obagi nu-derm system has a number of positive effects on your skin with each step of the treatment, transforming your skin, and giving you back hydration, even skin tone and a smoother texture.
- The cleansers start by degreasing and removing impurities and excess oil from the surface of the skin with the cleanser.
- The correcting products, such as the Nu-Derm clear and blender, penetrate into the lower levels of the skin, and prevents the formation of further pigmentation.
- The exfoderm uses lactic acid AHA’s to increase your skins cellular turnover and hydration, combined with the hydrate product reducing water loss and encouraging skin health, giving your skin its glow back!
- Finally, when using Tretinoin, this helps accelerate healing, repairs and regulates damaged skin cells, to even our skin tone and texture.
How many treatments will I need? Will I need to use Obagi forever?
The Obagi Nu-Derm system is recommended for use of around 18 weeks, concern specific, and then reviewed to discuss what products will need to maintain the best results.
In cases of hormonal pigmentation some products will be needed to be used in the future including SPF. This will all be discussed at your consultation.
Are Obagi products safe to use?
The Obagi Nu-Derm system has been available for 30 years and tested for safety and efficacy to obtain the best results from the combination of products in the system.
Are Obagi products safe during pregnancy?
During pregnancy the skin can become more sensitised. We don’t recommend using the Obagi nu-derm system in its entirety during pregnancy however some individual products are safe to use during pregnancy.
Can Obagi damage your skin further?
Obagi Nu-Derm has been developed to improve the skin under careful usage guidance.
Can Obagi clear acne scars?
Obagi Nu-Derm can be effective in clearing the discolouration left on the skin post acne breakouts.
Can I use Obagi while breastfeeding?
Whilst breastfeeding the skin can become more sensitised. We don’t recommend using the Obagi nu-derm system whilst breastfeeding however some individual products are safe to use during breastfeeding.
Obagi how long for results?
Once optimum results are obtained using Obagi a maintenance programme of products will be determined for you to maintain these.
Can I use Obagi with other products?
The Obagi Nu-Derm system is to be used solely, integration of other products can be looked at into maintenance.
What Obagi system is right for me?
This will be discussed during your consultation.
What is Obagi Vitamin A cream used for?
This has many benefits and will be discussed during your consultation relevant to the product determined as best for you.
Will Obagi help wrinkles?
The Obagi Nu-Derm is effective with anti-ageing concerns
Will Obagi work without Retin A?
Results are compromised without its usage so therefore not recommended
What our clients say
Excellent welcoming staff and excellent knowledge and service. Always ready to answer your questions,giving advices to meet your expectations. Definitely I ll come back for any other treatment. Highly recommended!
What our clients say
I have been going to St Margaret for a few years now always looking forward to it. Tracey has been looking after me and she is almost on a level of a clinician with her knowledge about skin conditions and how to best treat them. She is passionate about results and always makes people feel valued. I I have been using electrolysis for skin tags and broken veins on my nose and red cherry spots. And it works.
What our clients say
I have been attending Destination Skin recently to reduce the redness on my face. Amanda has done an amazing Job. My skin looks so much better, and the redness has reduced significantly. The care and treatment I have received from Amanda has been excellent. Bernadette Ward