If there’s one thing the lockdown has given us, it’s time. We now have time to focus on ourselves, on new hobbies and old ones, on cooking and running. We have the space in our schedules to do the things that wouldn’t usually fit, from making pasta to making homemade exfoliating scrubs, we have all enjoyed the small pleasures of home life. This has definitely been the ideal setting for having any Me-Time, and now everything’s resetting, it may be time to address any skin or beauty concerns that your DIY remedies aren’t solving.
There are many cosmetic avenues worth exploring, with aesthetic treatment trends all leaning towards ‘The Natural’. Many people are apprehensive of cosmetic treatments, as the fear of looking too frozen or plastic can be overwhelming. Now, the most sought out for treatments are the ones that produce the most natural-looking and subtle outcomes, where clinicians are changing the emphasis from transformation to enhancement.
We have explored the many fads and have outlined the few that hold some longevity – with beautifully subtle results too.
The lips are symbols of sensuality and as far as we’re concerned, are always trendy. Lip Fillers are becoming a much more common procedure to have and a much safer option compared to plastic surgery, where most clients prefer to take a non-surgical route. Not only are natural results desired in cosmetics nowadays, but natural ingredients are too, with Lip Fillers you get both. The fillers are made from Hyaluronic Acid, which occurs naturally within the body and is responsible for keeping the skin youthful and plump. When injected into the lip area it works immediately to shape, define the cupids bow or create a fuller silhouette – depending on what look you want to achieve. As a semi-permeant treatment, we can introduce you with smaller doses of the filler, where you can have more control over the final outcome. Gradual build ups can then be applied once you feel confident with the kind of results that can be achieved.
‘Tweakments’ are non-invasive, discrete procedures that enhance your features. They’re very subtle treatments that will leave your friends wondering how you look so good! ‘Tweakment’ is an umbrella term to describe a range of non-surgical treatments.
Some popular ones are:
- Dermal Fillers: with similar natural ingredients to Lip Fillers, this treatments works to subtlety lift the skin and restores firmness to any sagging, sunken skin caused by ageing. It’s typically used on the cheek area and acts like a non-surgical face lift and works to diminish fine lines and any hollowness. It physically fills the unwanted contours in your face and can help to balance and reshape your features.
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections: BotoxÒ Fillers are a cosmetic classic. By temporarily restricting muscle movement, Anti-Wrinkle injections work to smoothen any dynamic and deep lines. As a very low-risk, established treatment, made from anti-ageing essentials like Glycolic Acid and Retinol, BotoxÒ is always a non-mover on the aesthetic treatment trends chart.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation: Recently, one cosmetic trend shows that people are preferring to use laser treatments to rejuvenate their complexion. There rise in popularity may be due to its versatility as it is suitable treatment for all skin tones and types. IPL, is traditionally used to treat sun damage but as it works to stimulate Collagen production, lots of people are using it to refresh and smoothen their skin tone whilst combatting the signs of ageing.
- Microneedling: Another ‘tweakment’ that works to regenerate tired, ageing or scarred skin. By using innovative technology to stimulate Collagen production, this treatment works by using a handheld device which gently emits ultra-fine needles over the skin’s surface. By puncturing the skin cells, Collagen is produced which leaves your skin feeling fuller, tighter and visibly younger. This treatment is also effective for reducing the appearance of Acne and Acne Scars.
- Nose Reshaping: People are loving this non-surgical nose job, probably because it can improve your nose shape without making any incisions and has natural-looking results. By injecting small, concentrated doses of Hyaluronic Acid filler into the nose area, it becomes the ultimate straightening and redefining tool, where results can be seen instantly without any recovery time.
Combined Treatments are the next thing. Combination treatments are on the rise as people are deciding to two is always better than one. By opting for a double, complementing treatment, you can significantly enhance your overall results. It’s like pairing food with wine, one does not simply serve the Merlot with the Crème Brûlée… So, metaphorically speaking, here are some little side dishes that always complement the main course:
For brighter skin and long-lasting hydration, HydraFacials use LED light therapy and powerful vacuum-action to improve your skin’s overall health and condition. They’re the perfect complexion boost after BotoxÒ and can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, redness, dryness and dullness. They are suitable for all skin types and can be used regularly for beautifully radiant skin.
You can combine any of the following facials to suit you:
- Skin Health For Life HydraFacial – a 6-step process to leave your skin feeling refreshed, smooth and glowing
- Dermabuilder HydraFacial – A non-invasive solution to fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne HydraFacial – helps improve the appearance of acne by unblocking pores, removing excess oil and soothing angry, inflamed skin
- Acne Pro HydraFacial – similar to Acne HydraFacial, but with the added benefit of Isolaz, which uses pulsed light and a powerful vacuum action to kill bacteria and extract any blockages from pores
- Skin Peels
Chemical Skin Peels are always handy to help enhance the results of any anti-ageing, acne or pigmentation issue. With deeply cleansing and exfoliating properties, Skin Peels work to remove any toxins, impurities and have multiple benefits like boosting firmness, brightens the skin, reduces the appearance of open pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
Have a look at our SweetDermaCollection, four Sweet Peels that all work in their own specialised way:
- Sweet Chill – our anti-ageing peel with brightening, glowing results
- Sweet Clear – for clearer, even skin. Perfect for soothing angry, spot prone skin
- Sweet Lift – instantly brightens and lifts tired, dull and lifeless skin
- Sweet Radiance – illumines and nourishes with vitamins for a rejuvenated glow
Why not book a free consultation with us for expert guidance where we can outline the best treatment and product options available for you.