By now the novelty of working from home has probably worn off and the thought of another day in your pyjamas and a makeup-free face is much less appealing.
We know that even when you have a skincare routine you follow religiously, we all sometimes feel that little bit better (particularly whern we’re having a down day) with that little touch of make up, so….
If you’re in need of some makeup inspo, look no further. We teamed up with Selen Hurer so we could give you some helpful tips on make up application on top of that glowing skin we’ve helped you achieve previously! Selen has worked with Celebrities including Dame Kelly Holmes and Catherine Tate and even worked on Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2, along with many other shows and TV channels, we’re totally impressed and think she’s great..
Makeup Artist, Selen Hurer gives us the lowdown on achieving that natural, glowing look:
Just a bit of makeup can go a long way to give you a little boost and make your skin feel radiant. The natural look is ideal if you’re working from home and spending more time video calling colleagues and clients than ever before!
For effective makeup application, I use a twin massage ball on my face and neck, which essentially acts a mini facial that you can do yourself at home. It helps enhance the skin in a number of ways by improving circulation, skin tone and helps to reduce dark circles and fine lines.
What’s more, ensure your skin is hydrated with moisturiser or serum to help reduce dry patches on the skin and stop makeup clogging and clumping, especially around the nose and eyes. Shop DestinationSkin best sellers here
Here are my top tips to get that natural, glowing look, with minimal effort:
- Simply curling eyelashes and adding a bit of mascara can help open the eyes
- Just a touch of concealer under the eyes can brighten the face and cover any dark circles, if this isn’t enough try mixing your concealer with a colour corrector to counteract blue or grey tones in the skin
- Tinted moisturiser with SPF gives you subtle coverage and protection from the sun and UV light on screens
- An illuminating primer can be applied all over to smooth fine lines, fill in pores and reduce pigmentation
- A bit of highlighter can give you that dewy look – ensure you apply it as the sun would naturally hit your face: your cheekbones, your brow bones, the top of your cupid’s bow and the bridge of your nose
For more top tips on how to care for your skin visit the Instagram page @DestinationSkin