The Different Types of HydraFacial
There are many kinds of HydraFacial, and all use patented technology to cleanse, extract and hydrate the skin. Their unique, personalised six step approach is what makes them so memorable and effective in treating a range of skin conditions and concerns.
But now, HydraFacial has gone to the next level with the additional use of medical grade booster serums and collaborations with reputable skincare brands. So when you next ask for a HydraFacial, here is everything you need to know about the new add-ons to tailor and enhance your treatment.
What is a HydraFacial?
HydraFacials are professional facials that use a patented six step technology to cleanse, extract, exfoliate, stimulate and detoxify your skin. It is a rejuvenating, elevated facial with visible results in restoring brightness and improving overall skin tone and texture.
Read here for more information on the impact of HydraFacials.
At DestinationSkin, we exclusively offer HydraFacial Platinum which is the most sophisticated level of HydraFacial. When getting a facial at Platinum level, there are some new, advanced steps compared to the classic treatment. These are:
Detox – promotes faster lymphatic functioning to help expel bodily toxins
Cleanse + Peel – works to resurface the skin and rejuvenate skin cells. Think of this step as a HydraFacial with a peel (one similar to chemical peels)
Extract + Hydrate – removes debris and bacteria with vortex suction technology to restore the pores to normal size and flood the skin with essential hydration for long term water retention
Fuse + Project – Antioxidants and peptides saturate the skin’s surface which are specifically designed to brighten your complexion
Rejuvenate – an LED light treatment of red and infrared wavelengths to stimulate collagen and elastin production for visibly younger skin
This treatment is enhanced dramatically through the use of boosters and solutions.
HydraFacial boosters and solutions
Only HydraFacial uses patented technology to develop additional formulas to elevate a facial. There are HydraFacial solutions for brightening, calming, hydrating, restoring and refining.
The boosters for brightening and hydrating are:
- Circadia Chrono-Peptide – for clinically younger looking skin. Targets dynamic, expression lines for a re-charged appearance. Developed by Circadia, containing energising and regenerating ingredients like chrono-peptides, Neodermyl® – a kind of injectable filler for firmer skin – and matrixyl – a family of peptides that encourage the new growth of collagen and elastin.
- HydraFacial Britenol – ideal for dull and pigmented skin. Contains alpha-arbutin, for brightness, vitamin C for its antioxidant effect and bearberry extract.
- ZO Brightalive Booster® – powered by ZO Skin Health, this HydraFacial Brightalive booster serum is specifically formulated to prevent future pigmentation, reduce brown spots and improve skin tone. It restores hydration and evens pigmentation through the use of glycerine.
- Circadia Protect Plus – perfected for treating dull, dry. city-polluted skin and redness. It is essential in protecting your skin against free radicals. It contains peptides and delivers essential antioxidants and hydration through Brightenyl®, AcquaCell™ and hyaluronic acid.
For calming inflamed and red skin, the ZO Rozatrol Booster is recommended to help visibly reduce the signs of redness, promote stronger skin health and detoxify the skin. Ingredients like lactose, milk protein and Rosa Canina extract help control sebum production and minimise inflammation. Perfect for combating acne.
For firming, restoring and refining, you can add the following boosters:
HydraFacial Regen GF Booster – stimulates production of collagen and elastin, diminishes fine lines and traps and expels toxins. Contains naturally occurring proteins for better skin care and health.
HydraFacial DermaBuilder – helps to smooth the appearance of static and dynamic lines and restores stronger skin elasticity. Contains peptides like hydroxythreonine and palmitoyl. Peptides are amino acids that act as the building blocks of proteins like collagen and elastin which are essential in combating the signs of ageing. Good for sagging, lacklustre skin.
Murad Retinol Booster for HydraFacial – promotes rapid skin renewal, plumps and evens out skin tone for a youthful glow. Contains retinol (an anti-ageing vitamin A derivative), collagen peptides and glycolic acid. Developed by skincare company Murad.
Circadia Chrono-Peptide – an energising booster that also deeply brightens. See above for more information.
There is often talk about the benefits of combining HydraFacial with other treatments, such as microdermabrasion or putting HydraFacial and microneedling together. This may be something for you to consider, as a dual treatment approach may enhance your final outcome. Read more about HydraFacial vs microdermabrasion and microneedling.
- HydraFacial is a brand of patented facials, dedicated to giving you beautiful skin
- HydraFacials can be used with or without booster serums, but for an enhanced, elevated result, or to target specific skin conditions, they are recommended
- HydraFacials are relaxing and non-invasive
- The ingredients used in the facial prepare your skin for fighting future aggressors, outbreaks and wrinkles
- Every facial leaves you looking brighter and glowing – with noticeable results
Book A Free Consultation
Our booking procedure is quick and easy. Simply fill out this form and we’ll call you to book you an appointment with one of our experts.