Say Goodbye to Thin Lips!
Here at Destination Skin, we know how it can affect your confidence if there’s a part of your body you don’t like. If you want to make your thin lips look bigger, then lip fillers might be the answer for you.
We have medically trained Doctors and Nurses at every clinic, specialising in creating natural, contoured, shapely lips, enhancing your unique beauty.
If you are concerned about having thin lips and want to know more about our filler injections work and how they can boost your confidence, we’ve got you covered in this blog.
First up, let’s have a look at the cause of thinning lips.
The Causes of Thinning Lips
Some people naturally have thin lips – the simple result of genetics – but as we age, our lips can become smaller and thinner.
This is because ageing causes changes in the facial tissue, both in the layers of the skin and underneath. Over time, this causes the face and lips to lose volume, definition and plumpness.
Your lifestyle can also exacerbate the process, factors like not getting enough sleep, poor nutritional habits, too much time in the sun, and smoking can all speed up the signs of ageing.
Dermal fillers, like lip injections, fill out and plump up the areas that have lost volume and definition, or can create it, if your lips are thin.
How Lip Fillers Can Give You More Confidence
Research shows that more and more people are opting for lip fillers to boost their self-confidence. Studies are revealing that having simple cosmetic procedures, like lip fillers, can significantly affect your overall happiness and satisfaction with life.
Of course, we all know that if you look good, you feel good, but self-esteem can go deeper than that, having very thin lips can be a cause of anxiety for some, and lip fillers can be a direct way to relieve that.
People have also reported that they felt that facial fillers are now socially acceptable and easily accessible, making them a great choice for a confidence booster.
But what’s the process for getting lip fillers done?
The Lip Filler Procedure
Lip fillers are simply a formula of hyaluronic acid, a water-loving molecule that is a naturally occurring substance found in our bodies.
During the process, an anaesthetic cream might be used first to numb your skin, and then injections are given around your lips. This is then massaged in. When applied expertly, by our trained Doctors and our board-certified medical lip filler injectors, the results can be natural looking and stunning.
Afterwards, you’ll probably find that your lips are a bit red, sore and swollen, but this should settle down within a few days. You can read our blog on aftercare and how you can help get the best results from your fillers here.
However, cosmetic procedures can’t wave a magic wand and take all your body image worries away, so it’s important to question yourself and make sure the reasons you want it done are sound.
3 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Making an Appointment.
You are the only person who can decide if having lip fillers is the right option for you, at this time in your life.
If you are considering having the procedure as a way to boost your confidence and add to your self-esteem, we recommend that you ask yourself these 3 important questions first:
- Who are you doing this for? This is one of the most important questions. You need to want this done for yourself and not because of any pressure from friends, your partner or any other social pressure.
- Are underlying emotions you haven’t recognised driving your decision? If you’ve been feeling depressed or down and think that having your lips filled will solve all your problems, then it’s probably not a good time to make an appointment. Make sure your decision is not being influenced by underlying emotions or psychological issues because no amount of cosmetic help will resolve these kinds of concerns
- Check your expectations. Lip fillers can make a substantial difference to the way your lips look but they are not a cure for depression, a negative body image or all the other things you don’t like about your life. Remember if you are disappointed with the outcome, this will also impact your emotional wellbeing. Talk to one of our trained specialists who will advise you about what you can and can’t expect to achieve with the process.
Having any cosmetic procedure is a big decision, so don’t rush into the process, make sure you’re not expecting this one thing to change everything about your life.
- Thin lips can just be a genetic inheritance but can also be caused by ageing and other lifestyle factors
- Lip fillers are a simple way to plump up your lips, giving them definition and shape
- Studies have shown that people get a real confidence boost from having this kind of procedure, giving them increased self-esteem
- It’s important to choose to have lip fillers for the right reasons, asking yourself some key questions before you decide.
Our medically qualified Doctors and Nurses at DestinationSkin specialise in achieving natural-looking outcomes by increasing your lip shape and giving you a wonderfully balanced face. We only use Juvéderm at DestinationSkin, the world’s most popular facial filler and the number one filler recommended by doctors. Book a FREE consultation with us.