Reshape Your Face With Dermal Fillers
It may come as a surprise that Dermal fillers can be used for facial slimming. Fillers are commonly thought to add “bulk” to the face. However, they do give the appearance of a larger, suppler face, particularly when fillers are used in the cheeks.
However, this does not produce the “chipmunk” or “rounded” appearance that many people fear. Dermal fillers can be used to make the face appear smaller and more sculpted.
Read to discover how to slim the face with fillers.
Why Does the Face Lose Shape Anyway?
The reduced production of collagen and elastin proteins causes your skin to thin out as you get older. This can appear as if our looks are “changing”.
When you look in the mirror, you may notice that features you’ve known your whole life have begun to shift. The irony is that when we lose volume, our faces tend to appear heavier. That is why a little “scaffolding” (fillers) helps to slim the face. Here are some of the most common changes in shape and contour that occur as people become older:
- Jawline definition deterioration.
- Eyes that appear sunken or smaller.
- Patterns that appear in the form of “shadows”.
- Double chin(s) start to appear.
- Cheekbones that look deflated.
- Skin that is drooping or loose.
Face slimming with fillers can be used to achieve desired results in people of all ages.
Fillers For Lower Face Sagging
Over time your skin becomes less resistant to damage due to the slowdown of collagen production, and the subcutaneous fat that gives your skin its plump appearance begins to shrink.
Your skin is more elastic and bounces back into shape when you’re young. The skin loses its flexibility as you get older, making it more difficult to bounce back, resulting in permanent sagging or drooping skin.
The loss of fat pads also causes diminished outlines just beneath the skin’s surface. The majority of individuals do not consider having “fat” in the face to be a positive trait, but fat pads, on the other hand, are what give us a distinct, healthy appearance in our youth.
In reality, fat pads help prevent the appearance of extra skin or a “double chin” by providing structure and shape. Our faces appear slender and sleek as a result of this definition.
Dermal fillers work to trim and shape the face by restoring the structure that has been lost over time. You can also use fillers to help feminise your face; read all about that here.
Jaw And Chin Fillers For Round Faces
Fillers can be perfect for round faces, which may sound counterintuitive at first, but let us explain it in more detail.
If you have a round face, injections along the jawline can give you a lovely, tight definition whilst reducing the roundness of your face. The chin and lower face can be lengthened and narrowed by injections in the lower portion of the face, contouring the chin and making it appear smaller.
Dermal fillers can also be used to minimise the appearance of a double chin. Even if a person is at their optimal weight, a sagging chin can make a person’s face appear heavier. Reduced collagen and elastin production causes most double or sagging chins. That means that diet and exercise alone will not be enough to solve the problem, but fillers can help.
Dermal fillers used around the eyes can also help generate a slimmer appearance. Eye-area injections, when combined with cheek fillers, serve to define the top region of the face. When you combine eye fillers with a facial slimming makeover, you’ll appear more awake and rejuvenated.
How Permanent Are Dermal Fillers?
Because dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in your body, they are only temporary. When you use hyaluronic acid or HA, it binds to water in your skin and integrates with your facial tissue, giving you a natural-looking outcome.
Because enzymes naturally break down HA in the body over time, dermal fillers are not permanent.
How long they last will depend on a few different factors.
- The quality of the filler used has a significant impact on the treatment’s longevity.
- The thickness (density) of the filler used. Wrinkles and fine lines are treated with thicker fillers, whilst wrinkles and fine lines are treated with thinner fillers.
- The amount of filler used can also have an impact on how long the benefits endure.
- Your own bodily functions. The HA is broken down differently in different people’s bodies.
Fillers that are thicker and utilised for cheek, chin, or nose augmentation can last up to two years. The majority of high-quality fillers should last at least a year.
Destination Skin’s professionals will be able to advise you on the sorts of fillers we use for each procedure and how long they will last.
- Dermal fillers are an injectable cosmetic procedure used to enhance, sculpt and define your features or restore lost volume to ageing skin.
- Dermal fillers can be used to make the face appear smaller and more sculpted.
- If you have a round face, injections along the jawline can give you a lovely, tight definition whilst reducing the roundness of your face.
- A naturally occurring substance called hyaluronic acid (HA) is injected under the skin for a plumping or smoothing effect in a simple procedure.
- Fillers are not permanent, and your body will break them down over time.
- How long they last depends on the filler’s type and thickness used and your own body’s process.
Our industry-leading skin and anti-ageing experts are available in all of our clinics and are fully qualified. Book a FREE consultation with us.