What Is Laser Hair Removal?
In a nutshell… The laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle which stops future hair growth. The laser targets the colour in the hair called pigment, so the darker hair (pigment) the easier it is for the laser to hit the follicle.
How many treatments do I need to have?
Generally between 6 – 12 treatments in total with a treatment every 4 weeks for facial hair & every 6-8 weeks for body hair. Your practitioner will be able to recommend the exact number of treatments. The hair follicles that absorb the laser will never grow back, however some follicles will go dormant and could reactivate with hormonal changes as we age. If you do have regrowth this will be dramatically (but these hairs will be lighter and finer).
Why do I need so many treatments?
Your first treatments will target the hairs which regularly grow, and then the remaining treatments will target (and most importantly) destroy any of the potential hair follicles. This will be towards the end of your course and give you the best results.
How do you remove facial hair?
The most common methods of hair removal such as threading, waxing and bleaching can be harsh on the face and increase skin sensitivity and irritation. Fortunately facial laser hair removal is a safe treatment which can effectively reduce hair on the face, hairline & neck area. For the face, laser hair removal works in exactly the same way as any other area of your body, but is most often on lower heat setting due to the sensitivity of the area. The laser with target the dark pigment of hair right at the root with the laser beam and destroying it once it makes contact. Once damaged, the follicle starts to slow regrowth, which after a course of treatment will lead you to be hair free. DestinationSkin have invested in gold standard Cynosure Elite+ laser machines, which give faster treatments and safe for all skin types.
What results will I get?
Laser & IPL hair removal will remove 75-80% of hair which is honestly a vast improvement leaving people extremely pleased with their results. You may have to shave a few patches every several weeks but there will be a significant reduction….. LIFE CHANGING STUFF.
Are there any areas that cannot be treated?
Mostly all areas of the body can be treated, however if there is an area your want to be treated then we can advise… Don’t be embarrassed our practitioners are extremely professional and consultations are strictly confidential. We are not able to treat inside the nose or ears which is often required by our male customers.
Can you treat all skin tones and hair types ?
Yes, we proudly (and like to boast) can treat all skin types with our advanced Laser & IPL machines. It is most effective on dark hair as there is a greater pigment difference however your practitioner will be able to advise. We are unable to treat fine light hair as the laser wont be able to detect the dark pigment, but again our practitioner will be able to advise.
What hair removal can I use in-between treatments?
Following your treatment it will take about 2 weeks for the hairs to shed naturally from the skin. You can shave 2 days after your treatment, but try not shave as regularly in between treatments so that the hairs can fall naturally from the skin. Throughout the course do not wax, thread, tweeze, sugar or pluck any hairs as this removes the hair from the follicle we want to target.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
Our great value options give you the flexibility to design your treatment path:
- Enjoy hair free skin with a course of 6 treatments
- Pay-as-you-go treatments maintain your results
1. Do you have dull, dry, tired looking skin that needs a pick me up?Look no further than a medical grade microdermabrasion to remove dead skin and increase blood flow to the upper levels of skin. Your skin will be instantly glowing and the best part of having this treatment done is if you’re stuck for time you could come in the morning of your big evening occasion! Wearing a backless or strapless dress? This treatment can also be performed on your back, removing black heads and giving your back a well-deserved make over because let’s face it when was the last time your back got some TLC?
2. Want kissable mistletoe lips?If you are look into restoring some volume in your lips to reveal a naturally plump pout. Lip fillers can be very subtle and offer an enhanced volume which is very natural and in keep with your own facial features. We would recommend booking in for this treatment 2 weeks ahead of any events.
3. Are breakouts stopping your skin from feeling flawless?Wanting to banish those breakouts that seem to be getting worse with all the chocolates that are finding their way into your workplace? Book yourself in for the Obagi Radiance peel which will target excess oil to reduce those irritating pustules as well as removing dead skin to brighten your overall complexion leaving you blemish free and ready to partyyyyy
4. Do you want your make up to last all night?Micro-needling Revitalise is our fantastic new treatment which can be performed a day before your event and helps with enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles and your skins texture. If you’re looking in the mirror and noticing your make up isn’t sitting right this is the treatment for you. Not only does it target so many levels of the skin we also infuse a hyaluronic acid serum into the skin which will deeply hydrate and nourish the lower levels of your skin.
5. Want to stay hydrated, outside and in?Need some extra hydration where your skins feeling dry from all the heating and cold weather. Dermquests Advanced B5 Serum can be applied before your make up to instantly plump, nourish and hydrate your skin from deep within. Fun Fact – HA which is in the B5 Serum holds moisture so well that it holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water–it functions not only to deliver water to the skin, but also to hold it there.
*Based on courses of 6.
Laser Hair Packages
|How old do I have to be to have treatment?||We only treat clients 18 years or older, this is because hormonal changes before this age may mean that your hair will still come back even after treatment.|
|Can I have laser hair removal if I have keloid scars?||It is recommended that if you have keloid scars, or a predisposition to keloid scarring, that you should not have laser hair removal treatment. Keloid scars are raised type of a scar that could be either red of purely white as a normal scar. This type of scar extends the original size of the wound, meaning that it expands the size of the injury. Those scars could get even worse if any treatments are performed on them such as laser treatment, microdermabrasion, skin peels etc. The only effective treatment is a steroid injection provided by a dermatologist to reduce the size of it.|
|How do I know if I’m suitable?||We have the safest and most effective lasers which allow us to treat all skin types.|
|Does laser hair removal hurt?||Our Cynosure Elite+ lasers treat the area with a cooling jet of air to keep you feeling comfortable during your laser hair removal treatments. Our Diode lasers have a chilled applicator and we also use a cooling gel to keep discomfort to a minimum. We can apply a local anaesthetic to the area if needed; however, you will get an idea of how the treatment feels during the initial test patch. If you are used to waxing, laser hair removal is often described as less painful.|
Is laser hair removal safe?
Our DestinationSkin practitioners undergo intensive training in laser hair removal, covering all areas and skin colours. We are partnered with Treatments You Can Trust’ promising to deliver your treatments in a safe, confident regulated clinical environment. Better yet, you can be rest assured our practitioners will be able to give you discreet, approachable, reassuring treatments so you can feel comfortable every time you enter DestinationSkin’s clinic doors.
Book your consultation today and take advantage of the savings on our courses for smooth hair free skin… Call your local clinic