Get your skin event ready: how to get glowing skin
Glowing skin is a recent phenomena in beauty trends, one that always seems to be sought out for. And now, as the 21st of June creeps closer, all those events that got postponed and cancelled are coming back – with a beautiful vengeance! Everyone’s going to be looking good, so make sure you are too.
Here are the best ways to get your skin glowing for those upcoming events.
How to get glowing skin
The rise of glowy skin has fuelled new skincare and make up products, where ‘dewy’ and glowing skin is the order of the day. Most cosmetic products claim to give you a radiant, red carpet worthy look, yet it is hard to know which products actually can.
Glowing skin is often defined as having hydrated, soft skin, that is not dull, dry or flaky. It is clear, with an even tone, small pores and without blemishes. Therefore, glowing skin is often interchangeable with clear skin too. So the real question should be, ‘how to get clear, glowing skin?’
The best products for clear, glowing skin are those with brightening, hydrating qualities, but also those ingredients that protect your skin also. Air pollutants and UV rays are detrimental to the skin and deplete it of its natural shine. So, the first thing when looking for brightening ingredients, is to use products that contain SPF alongside them.
On the other hand, smoking and secondhand smoke sap away your skin’s glow and cause it to become dull and tired. Glowing skin is often a sign of a healthy lifestyle, so by living healthily, your skin’s natural vitality should show through.
The best ingredients to look out for are:
Vitamin C – an antioxidant to protect the skin against UV exposure, free radicals and sun damage
Vitamin A – Retinol is a vitamin A derivative and has cell renewing properties
Alpha Arbutin – an anti-aging ingredient to improve skin tone
Glycerine – to improve water retention in the epidermis and prevent dry skin
Hyaluronic Acid – a naturally occurring sugar that keeps the skin firm and youthful
Niacinamide – for spot-prone skin. It is a type of vitamin B3 that prevents cell pigmentation and brightens the skin
Incorporating these ingredients into your skin care routine can help your skin look it’s best for your next big event. Another way to visibly brighten your skin tone is by getting a facial.
The best facial before an event
The best facial to getting your skin event ready is HydraFacial. HydraFacials are medical grade facials that use six distinct steps to give you a visibly glowing, rejuvenated complexion. It is also perfect for reducing large pores, smoothing an uneven skin tone, clearing acne and improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The best thing about HydraFacial is that it’s suitable for all skin types and can be tailored to suit your specific skin needs. It’s fast too – a typical HydraFacial treatment lasts 30 minutes – and it gives you visible results instantly. It is possibly the fastest way to get glowing skin.
It is common to have a HydraFacial before events or as a pre-wedding treatment to give your skin a noticeable vitality. Getting a HydraFacial before your wedding day is a great way to award your skin a final surge of essential brightening ingredients and boost radiance.
HydraFacial uses six steps, developed specifically to leave you with visibly brighter and glowing skin. These are:
- Detox – a massage-based technique is used to encourage the drainage of the lymphatic system to improve the body’s ability to expel toxins.
- Cleanse and Exfoliate – a dual step that uses a handheld device to lift away surface bacteria and dead skin cells, whilst also emitting a cleansing solution for intensely clean skin.
- Brighten and Refresh – after the cleansing exfoliating stage, the skin is flooded with natural ingredients like glycolic and salicylic to promote skin water retention, loosen further debris and brighten the skin.
- Extract – this is the most satisfying stage of HydraFacial where you can really see the visible benefits of having one. During the extraction stage, vortex suction technology is combined with an organic extracts and salicylic acid solution to remove all the deeply set dirt, blackheads and bacteria. It works to relieve congestion, prevent breakouts and restore normal pore size. Afterwards, you can see all the dirt that was present in your skin.
- Hydrate and Nourish – a range of antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and nourishing, skin-brightening ingredients, like glycerine and peptides, flood the skin to noticeably revitalise your complexion.
- Stimulate and Rejuvenate – the final stage HydraFacial employs similar light technology used in laser treatments to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, redness and leaves your skin glowing. An LED light device painlessly stimulates collagen and elastin production to help promote a younger skin structure and repairs any damage from sun exposure and pollutants to give you back a youthful glow
When to get a HydraFacial before an event?
Before any event, whether it’s a big night out or your wedding day, it is best to allow a little time for the HydraFacial to actually work. While its effects can be seen immediately afterwards, the longer term benefits will be in full effect within the days after the treatment. Therefore, it is best to get a HydraFacial 2 – 7 days beforehand.
If you find yourself asking ‘should I get a HydraFacial before my wedding?’, it is definitely the safest, kindest way to treat your skin before your big day. We recommend getting one a week before your wedding to reap the full results.
- Glowy skin is healthy skin that is deeply hydrated, without blemishes, smooth and bright
- Vitamin C, vitamin A and alpha arbutin are some of the ingredients that work to boost skin brightness
- HydraFacial is a professional facial that works wonders in giving you long term glowing skin
- Before any big event, HydraFacials are the perfect way to treat yourself and your skin
- They are a painless, relaxing and affordable treatment to achieve your desired complexion