“My main concerns would be my jowls, drooping eyelids and neck & chest area. I have massive ageing concerns I’m not ready to look old. I also have some pigmentation concerns from post sun damage.” Melody
Melody's initial consultation with DestinationSkin
Melody met with Dr Toni Philips, Clinic Director at DestinationSkin, to discuss her concerns about starting to age before her time. As part of her consultation, Dr Toni assessed Melody’s skins overall health, laxity and structure to determine the best treatment plan for her.
What made you come to DestinationSkin today?
“I had been feeling down about my ageing for years and years, as a business consultant visiting clients the way I look affects my level of confidence & this has been dropping lately. I just feel so old and depressed when I look in the mirror. I wanted to be happier with the way I look and not feel so conscious about my face & neck. It really affects my confidence in what I do for a living, especially when public speaking. I’m hoping having treatment will make me confident again.”
How did you feel after your consultation?
“After my consultation with Dr Toni, she gave me confidence that the treatments I would have, would help me look more refreshed and youthful, whilst still remaining natural and not ‘overdone’. She showed me a selection of previous clients she had treated with similar concerns to me, which put me at ease.”
Melody Before Treatment
Lower Face Area
Melody's Treatment Plan
Based on Dr Toni’s assessment, she recommended a bespoke treatment plan for Melody, which involved:
- Botox to target fine lines and wrinkles in the upper part of the face including the forehead and around the eyes
- Botox in the lower part of the face and neck, using an advanced techniques, to soften the muscles and the natural jaw line. Dermal filler will also be used to add definition and support for the upper face.
- Dermal fillers in the cheeks, temple areas and under eyes, to replace loss of volume. Loss of volume under the eye is often referred to as the tear trough area and causes the appearance of hollowness and darkness under the eye
- Lip augmentation to fill and define the lips to address loss of volume which often occurs with the ageing process and can be an area which can really re-balance the facial features when treated
- A course of IPL treatment for veins and sun damage
Melody’s treatments will take place over 5 to 8 appointments to allow her skin time to recover and be stimulated by the treatments used.
Post first treatment
On her first treatment, Melody had Botox to treat the fine lines and wrinkles in her forehead, around the eyes and lower part of the face and neck.
“Before the treatment, I was feeling a bit nervous about what to expect, if it would be painful and what my friends would think. Would it be noticeable when travelling home?”
“I was pleasantly surprised, Dr Toni put me at ease during the treatment, constantly checking I was ok and explaining the procedure. She took the time beforehand to talk through all my concerns and the reasons for why I wanted treatment, to make sure I was 100% happy to go ahead.
I didn’t feel the needles at all which was surprising, although Dr Toni assured me the injections were going in! So far so good!”