We’re all born with healthy skin but certain factors such as sun damage, environmental damage and an incorrect skin regime can cause considerable damage to your skin, which isn’t visible to the naked eye. At Destination Skin we say the right skin care routine should be based on the sequence you apply your products and that they are effective to penetrate the skin, and basically do the job you want them to.
Your skin is constantly changing so it’s important to regularly reassess your skin care routine to make sure your regime and products are still working for you, but your ideal routine should include products designed to Cleanse, Prevent, Hydrate, Correct and Protect for healthy skin…..
- Cleanse – By cleansing your skin you are able to remove layer of make-up, grime, pollutants and your skins own oil, however we always shout about the ‘double cleanse’ so that your products can get through the skin barrier and penetrate the skin effectively. The 1st Cleanse removes most of the make-up, dirt, bacteria, grime, pollution & your skin’s own oil (sebum) & the 2nd cleanse gets your products to work, such as acne products, pigmentation, anti-aging products. As the first step this gets your skin in gear so the rest of your regime works and not wasted.
- Hydrate – This is key to preventing signs of ageing. When the outer layer of skin is dehydrated it loses its protective function, making the skin vulnerable to environmental attacks. Amp up the hydration products in your routine today and your skin will reward you. Not only will it maximize the benefits of your other skin care products, hydrators also bind in moisture, restoring skins elasticity and leaving skin feeling nourished
- Correct – Our skin goes through many changes over time as our skin changes we can see imperfections such as fine lines, wrinkles, discolouration, and natural loss of elasticity. These signs can be the result of collagen breakdown, slower cell turnover, and loss of moisture. A strong corrective product in your regime will prevent and help restore a healthier and more youthful appearance. This category includes products formulated specifically for delicate areas such as the eyes and lips.
- Prevent – Antioxidants are the recent buzz word, but have always been a staple as part of the DestinationSkin skincare regime. They contain Vitamin C which our body uses to fight against free radical damage such as air pollution, smoke and sunlight exposure. Free Radicals (environmental damage) attack the skin and antioxidants fight back to neutralize environmental damage, and the best thing is that they’re absorbed into the skin, so that your skin is protected from the inside.
- Protect – SPF is the final triumph in your skin care regime. By wearing a stand along broad spectrum SPF will protect you against sun damage and ageing to the skin. Did you know post-holiday freckles are a sign of sun damage? Look for a formula that will give you full broad spectrum protection against UVA rays (ageing skin) AND UVB rays (burns skin). After all, it’s better to protect your skin than having to correct it once it’s been damaged.
Come into a DestinationSkin clinic and take a deeper look at the health of your skin using a skin scanner machine, where you can see signs of dehydration, pigmentation, premature ageing skin and get the right skin care advice.
Ask A Question To A Skin Specialist…