DestinationSkin is a national chain of registered clinics specialising in laser hair removal & advanced skin treatments. Providing a personalised and tailored service to our clients, we offer a complimentary bespoke consultation and recommend a range of treatments to address individual skin concerns and ageing.
Assistant Manager Job Description
Brief Role Description
- To assist in delivering the clinic’s budgeted financial performance including standards of service and quality of treatments
- To provide active and consistent daily support and leadership of the clinic staff, developing an effective and motivated team
- To conduct high quality and professional laser and skin treatments
- To achieve personal sales targets
- To undertake reception duties as required within the clinic
- Confidence to recommend products and treatments
- Pride in his/her appearance
- Openness friendly manner
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail including paperwork, audits.
- Motivational skills.
- Time management and planning skills.
Finance & Sales
- To assist in the achievement of clinic budgets and financial targets by communicating daily targets and motivating the team.
- To promote treatment and retail sales and assist with marketing initiatives as required.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Ensure stock control and clinic retail merchandising, procedures are followed so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance and image.
Service & Quality
- To provide active and consistent daily support and leadership the clinic staff, developing an effective and motivated team.
- Inducts new staff into the clinic and provides support to enable them to develop their skills.
- To plan and schedule staff rotas being mindful of business requirements, costs and contractual commitments to staff.
- To participate in the recruitment of new staff as required and to ensure a thorough and effective induction into the clinic.
- To hold and minute regular team meetings to brief staff and to encourage participation and involvement.
- To apply HR policies and procedures fairly and consistently under the guidance of the clinic manager and to liaise with the HR Manager as required in relation to performance.
- To assist the Clinic Manager to carry out probationary reviews and appraisals with employees as required and monitor performance to encourage improvements by contributing from a clinical perspective
- To liaise with the Clinic Manager HR Manager in relation to disciplinary or grievance issues and participate when protocols are breached
- To provide on-going training and support for the team ensuring all staff are competent in all treatment procedures and policies
- To carry out high quality and professional laser and skin treatments in accordance with company protocol.
- To carry out or participate in, skin and laser consultations with prospective patients to determine individual needs and to make recommendations on appropriate treatments and products.
- To deliver exceptional customer care and develop a professional rapport with patients, ensuring that they are confident and satisfied with their treatments.
- To promote & recommend products and services, maximising opportunities for sales and referrals
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times in relation to patients.
- To maintain working areas and equipment in accordance with health, safety, hygiene and general housekeeping standards at all times.
- To report immediately to the Clinic Manager or in her absence a Regional Manager, any patient complaint or incident and to keep detailed written notes of the incident.
- Presents a professional image at all times whilst at work being through personal presentation and conduct.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or outsourced subject to Company approval.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties required by Renew Medica Management, including assisting at other clinics.
- To carry out reception and front of house duties, where you’ll be the first point of contact for all clients
- NVQ Level 3 (Electrical Route) CIBTAC, CIDESCO Trained.
- Good level of General education, including Numeracy, English, IT (Grades A-C)
- Ability to enter Data accurately, record keeping, ability to use Word, Excel, Email, Internet, and in house systems.
- BTEC Award Laser & Light based hair removal and photo rejuvenation level 4 VTCT
- Previous accredited training in laser treatment and or appropriate skin procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and establish sound working relationships.
- Work related experience in a customer service environment.
- Previous beauty treatment experience.
- Previous experience with working with laser for more than one year.
- Experience in working in other treatment modalities like Derma Roller, peels, MDB, IPL.
- Experience in conducting consultations.
- Sales Experience ideally in retail environment.
- Good working knowledge of beauty & Aesthetic Industry.